Here's a brief outline of what we'll discuss:
- Google's interest in MOOCs
- How we got started
- What we've done (Power Searching with Google, Advanced Power Searching with Google)
- Experiments we've conducted
- Can you create a MOOC using Google tools?
- Are linear paths or non-linear challenge formats more effective?
- How well does self-grading work for student assessments?
- Text lessons vs. video lessons: which are more popular? Effective?
- Can we replicate student community via online tools?
- Lessons learned as an instructional designer working on MOOCs
- How you can contribute
- Moving beyond MOOCs
We hope to see you there!